- Government of Canada Biosimilars Fact Sheet
- Pan-Canadian Biosimilars Consultation 2019
- CanAge: The use of Biosimilar Treatments in Ophtalmology.
In the News
- Health Insight: Equal Health Access at Every Age: “The Rights of Older Adults Are Human Rights”
- The Center for Biosimilars: Rising Costs Explain Why Canada Is Switching to Biosimilars
- Retinal Physician: Biosimilar Therapies in the Treatment of Neovascular AMD: Biosimilar drugs could bring significant cost savings to retina therapy
- Generics and Biosimilars Initiative: Law and ethics of switching to biosimilars in Canada
- Generics and Biosimilars Initiative: Arguments against Alberta’s plans to switch patients to biosimilars
- Generics and Biosimilars Initiative: Ontario becomes third Canadian province to switch patients to biosimilars
- IFA Spotlight: Biosimilar Initiatives: Discounting Cost, Not Education
- Sharma, A., Kumar, N., Parachuri, N., Bandello, F., Kuppermann, B. D., and Loewenstein, A. (2021). Biosimilars for Retinal Diseases: An Update. American Journal of Ophthalmology, 224, 36-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajo.2020.11.017
- Blake, M., & Caulfield, T. (2020). The Law and Ethics of Switching from Biologic to Biosimilar in Canada. Journal of the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology. DOI: 10.1093/jcag/gwz043
- Sharma, A., et al. (2019). Need of education on biosimilars amongst ophthalmologists: combating the nocebo effect. Eye. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41433-019-0722-6
- Rezk, M. F., & Pieper, B. (2018). To See or NOsee: The Debate on the Nocebo Effect and Optimizing the Use of Biosimilars. Advances in therapy, 35(6), 749–753. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12325-018-0719-8
- Jacobs, I., Singh, E., Sewell, K. L., Al-Sabbagh, A., and Shane, L. G. (2016). Patient attitudes and understanding about biosimilars: an international cross-sectional survey. Patient Preference and Adherence, 10, pp. 937-948.